Thursday, June 14, 2012

{Tropical Traditions Coconut oil}

There are many uses for coconut oil. I try to live a life using more natural products and choose healthier options for us without losing the taste we love. Coconut oil has many health benefits without losing taste, and no - it doesn't taste like coconut really at all.

 From Tropical Traditions website:
There are many uses of coconut oil and many ways to incorporate it into one’s diet. Since it is a stable cooking oil, one can simply replace unhealthy oils in their diet with coconut oil. Since it is a solid most of the time at room temperature or when refrigerated, it can be a butter or margarine substitute for spreads or for baking. Any recipe calling for butter, margarine, or any other oil can be substituted for coconut oil.

 

Some may say I am naive or biased because I do love coconut but I found this taste more like coconut water you buy in the store as a drink, which personally I don't like the taste. The first thing I used this on is the bread machine homemade bread recipe shared on MoneySaving Mom.

This is So yummy- I make it at least once a week, I also make the bread machine dinner rolls. And none of them have a coconut taste to it. It washes off easily and if you lick it off your fingers its not yucky like other oils.

I have also used it to coat my pans before baking. It doesn't take much and it spreads easily.





If you do a little research around the internet, you can find all kinds of way to use coconut oil, including to help with skin conditions like eczema- many of you that read this blog know my son has severe food allergies that mostly affect his skin with various breakouts, severe eczema being one of them. This is something I felt safe adding to his skin since if he eats it or licks it off- crazy kid- it won't hurt him.

Here are a few other ways you can use Coconut oil:
-diaper cream
-hair conditioner
-skin moisturizer
- ingredient for homemade toothpaste and deodorant
-replacement in frying


You can find Tropical Traditions here:
http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/
http://www.facebook.com/TropicalTraditions

Be sure to sign up for their newsletter. They email out great deals to save money on this. Honestly, I will continue buying it. I received this product in February and just ran out. I ordered more with a group to save money- a co-op of sorts.

I did receive product to review for free, but my opinions and review are my own.





Pin It

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)